Woah, the last time i actually wrote a report was three months ago. That’s not very positive, no.
But i have some good news! And no, we don’t know the release date yet. BUT i do can announce that we have entered the last stage of X:Roleplay’s development.
We’ve almostly finished building the systems and X:Roleplay is pretty much already operational.
As we are currently in Beta stage we did discover lots of our mistakes and also got bugs and flaws pointed out.
Our Beta Testers have been of real value to us and are still helping us out whenever we need the support In-Game or just wish to hear their voices and thoughts of our latest input.
We do appreciate feedback alot and have surely learned from our past. We’ve already seen users coming and leaving.
Like i said, X:Roleplay is at it’s final stage and has a couple of systems left to build. We from X:Roleplay have made the last TODO list and will finish it hopefully soon. I promise to keep everyone posted. In the meantime the twitter development feed also remains hot and will be updated more frequently from now on.
I will post a summary of out TODO list below:
– The faction system. (Including land)
– Optimizing the roleplay test. (We could use the Beta Testers for this)
– Finishing the business system by adding new stores and filling them with items accordingly.
– Finishing the government system. With this we mean the taxes which go from point A to B to E and back to A and so on..
– The (U)ser (C)ontrol (P)nel is under development by Roel, we currently have no estimated date and time of completion. Feel free to visit the (U)ser (C)ontrol (P)nel f you are a beta tester and provide us with feedback.
– Bug fixes, we’ve also encountered some tough and complicated bugs. We will need some time and patience in order to uncover the origin and cause. We want to be sure X:Roleplay is as optimized and bug-free on launch.
– Administrator checks, along with the anticheat.
– The keymaker business, a store where you can change the lock of a vehicle or property or duplicate the key of a vehicle or property.
– Creating and adding accessories to their stores which are spread around Red County.
– Mechanic system.
– Creating the firearm license and firearm distribution.
– Some secret stuff which is secret and should remain secret for now.
We’re also still looking for fresh ideas regarding activities in and around X:Roleplay. Do you have any ideas or thoughts? We would really appreciate it if you were to share them with us on our forums.
Also, we would like to ask our Beta Testers to head In-Game and tell us of things which are or were difficult to understand. We would like to make X:Roleplay a friendly, clear and not too complicated but strict roleplaying server.
I would like to wish everyone a good weekend!
Dear fans and players,
Due to the summer starting and the end of our college year ending, a lot of projects are due and honestly I cannot find any time to work on the gamemode during this time. Same goes for Roel and Tom. After our school projects and summer celebrations (programmers need Vitamin D too.) have finished we will continue our work. For myself this is July 7th. I am not sure what this is for the others.
Some good news is though: When we return, the Beta version will be complete, and players will start to be selected for beta tests, but more detailed information on this is still to come.
With love, dog
As you might already know we’ve pretty much finished the server’s core and have entered the Alpha testing phase.
We are testing all our systems for possible errors and have already received quite some efficient player feedback aswell.
The economy has been set, market stalls have been created aswell for the houses, businesses and entertainment buildings.
We’ve enhanced the inventory system, making more and more unique items by the day. (We are always looking for you unique item suggestions, if you have any, let us know!) We also created the ‘foraging’ skill completely, letting the citizens of X-Roleplay gather herbs, wheat, corn, berries, milk and much more! I will upload a couple of screenshots to the media section of the website to show you what we’ve visibly added.
Aswell for a system we recently added, it basically gives a penalty to players their health and sobriety when damaging a vehicle.
What more can i tell, the licenses are in. You’ll be able to gain a license for the following: Car, Boat, Plane, Helicopter, Motorcycles and heavy vehicles.
We’ve obviously done alot more than i stated above, but the things i do have stated are the big and interesting things for you to know.
I have also put some more work in the government theory.
Basically, every three months San Andreas will hold elections, then parties or persons may opt in for the elections and choose their governing style. (Democracy or Dictatorship, along with many options and edicts for the government. There is alot to say about this, information can be found on our wiki, here: http://wiki.x-roleplay.com/index.php/The_Government
Thanks for reading,
Will keep you guys updated!