Closed beta announced!
Some of you might’ve already heard that the server finally reached it’s beta state. This means we’ve managed to add all the core features essential for a roleplaying server. But are we done? No, We’ll always keep adding new functions, but before we can do that we must make sure the server is functional in it’s current state.
What are we aiming for?
During the closed beta we aim to find and trace all the existing bugs, we won’t only fix the existing bugs. We will also start looking for the bugs that remain hidden. This we do by testing the system, running a small server simulation with a couple of players to see how everything is working out. To find what needs to be changed, made more clear or simply needs fixing.
Who can participate?
We aim for a maximum of thirty beta testers and a minimum of atleast 3-5 players. (excluding ourselves).
Basically anyone who is willing may participate, however there are a few requirements that we must set for all the interested. I will state the requirements below. I am sure you understand.
– Has knowledge of general SA-MP functions (Roleplay functions is recommended, but not needed.)
– Is willing to have pen and paper or a text file ready to write down bugs and improvements.
– Understands that there will be a lot of waiting and GMX-ing during this period. You are free to do other stuff while this happens, but be ready to come back in when we need you.
– Have sufficient free time.
– Provide sufficient feedback
– Being able to keep the test server’s password a secret.
– Inform the developers of what is missing or broken in the gamemode.
– Being able to give some decent suggestions of missing functions or general good ideas.
– Listen to the devs via teamspeak or skype (having a mic of your own is recommended but not required.)
We have no application format. If you are willing to join, simply create a topic with your own input. We prefer a little story and reason, instead of a topic just asking to become a tester. Let us know why, let us know what you can offer.
Just make sure you leave your contact details. You may also keep the hidden if you prefer.
What’s in it for me?
Despite the fact that you are helping with the development of X-Roleplay. You will also receive a beta tester only apparel item which will be given to you when we launch.
How long will the closed beta take?
I think we can all agree on the fact that we all want the closed beta to end as quickly as possible. Atleast i hope so.
We might need to put some hours in it, perhaps even days. But since it’s a manage of finding issues and fixing them (not adding content) the closed beta period should not take too long.
Well, patience. We’ve already got far and during the closed beta the last bugs will be fixed. After that we may hopefully launch X-Roleplay.